1 packet vermicelli rice noodles
one small red onion
2 stalks celery
handful of beans
½ cup peanuts, chopped
1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
spring onions, chopped into 3cm pieces, to top
½ cup chopped fresh herbs like coriander, thai basil and basil
1 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar or honey
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
juice from 1 lime
2 tbsp soy sauce
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
1 cayenne chili chopped finely
1. Place the uncooked noodles in a bowl of warm water to soak for 15 minutes or until tender.
2. Chop all vegetables into small pieces. You can use a matchstick cutter or a sharp knife.
3. Shake up the sauce ingredients in a jar.
4. Drain the noodles - they should be softened by now.
5. Toss noodles, vegetables, herbs and sauce together. You can reserve some sauce on the side.
6. Sprinkle with peanuts, sesame seeds and spring onions.
Recipe Credit - Kaycee Simuong Transition Farm Summer Intern 2016