A bright and zingy dressing, handfuls of herbs and crunchy peanuts pack loads of flavour into simple, easy-to-cook noodles. Taken from the River Cottage Veg Every Day! cook book and featured in the TV series. Check out the River Cottage website for more recipes. Prep Time 10-15min Cook Time 10-15 min
150g Thai rice noodles
150g French beans
2 Large handfuls of peanuts
2 tbs Rice wine vinegar
1 tsp Soy sauce
1 tsp Sesame oil
1 Lime, juice and zest
1 clove garlic, grated
½ Red chilli, finely chopped
1 small cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
4 Spring onions, sliced
1 ½ tbs each of Mint, coriander and basil
1. Cook the noodles and beans in boiling water for about three minutes or until noodles are cooked and beans still have some crunch.
2. Drain in a colander and refresh under cold running water.
3. Roast the peanuts in the oven for 8 minutes or until golden.
4. Put the rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, lime juice and zest, garlic and chilli in a large bowl and give everything a good whisk.
5. Add the drained noodles and beans to the bowl and give everything a good stir to ensure everything is evenly coated.
6. Add the cucumber and spring onions to noodles and toss.
7. Add the chopped herbs and give another good stir.
8. Crush the peanuts with the back of a spoon.
9. Plate the noodle salad and sprinkle with the toasted nuts.