1 medium size eggplant
½ - ¾ cup pine nuts2 garlic cloves
½ cup parsley
¼ cup basil
½ cup bread crumbs
½ cup parmesian cheese
1. Peel and cube eggplant and place into salted boiling water for about ten minutes. Strain into a colander
2. Place pine nuts, garlic, parsley and basil into a blender and grind...like a pesto.
3. Squeeze juice from eggplant and add to the blender with bread crumbs and eggs. Pulse into blended. Pour into a bowl and fold cheese through.
4. Add enough bread crumbs or almond meal to form mixture into balls. Roll balls through bread crumbs to coat.
5. Heat oil in a cast iron fry pan. Place balls into hot oil, gently turning until all sides are brown.
6. Drain on brown paper. Serve with a tahini dipping sauce or pasta with tomato sauce.